What Are Some Good Reasons to See a Chiropractor Regularly?
1. More Energy. The vital energy that runs your body comes from the brain, travels over the nerves and gives vitality and vigor to your body. Logic says that if that energy is interfered with, your body will not work at its fullest potential.
2. Clearer Thinking, Memory and Concentration. Did you ever have a day when your mind was extra sharp, thoughts and ideas came quickly or your memory was especially good? Ever have just the opposite type of day? Well, your body chemistry determines to a great extent your ability to think, concentrate and remember. Body chemistry is controlled by your nerve system and your nerve system works better without any interference (vertebral subluxation)
3. Less Stress. How can getting adjusted make your job easier or cause your kids to give you less problems? Well, it cannot. But there is a difference between adversity and stress. Adversities are the circumstances of life. You cannot change them. Stress is the inability to handle those adversities. How well your body is working will determine to some degree how much adversity you can handle and how much stress you have in your life.
4. A Longer Life. Here is a reason based on logic. All things being equal, you will live longer if you take care of yourself, barring any unforeseen trauma, of course. Taking care of yourself, in no small measure, means keeping your nerve system free of interference due to vertebral subluxations.
5. More Sleep. All sleep is not the same. Just because you get ten hours does not mean you are getting the kind of rest you need. At different time, we have all awakened refreshed, sluggish, or tired from the same amount of sleep. How well your body is working will determine how much of your sleep is real sleep and not just “down time”
6. Greater Value from Your Exercise. We all need to exercise regularly. Some of us do not have the energy to get up off the couch and begin a workout, although that is an issue we have already addressed. Some of us have interference in the nerve system that keeps the muscles of our body from receiving a full complement of vital life energy. It is like trying to exercise a paralyzed muscle. There is not enough energy going to those muscles. That is what happens when there is interference in the nerve system due to a vertebral subluxation.
7. More Balanced Chemistry. The proper balance of your body’s chemistry is unique for you. Only the innate wisdom of your body knows exactly what is should be. People can only guess. The organs, glands and cells of the body must be working properly to produce just the right amounts at just the right time. Your nerve system is critical in the coordination of that function.
8. More Hours in Your Day. How can you get more than 24 hours a day from chiropractic visits, especially when the visit is going to take at least a little time? Well, time-management experts will tell you that it is the efficient use of your time, not the total number of hours that is the issue. If your mind and body are working as well as they possibly can, you will be more efficient and more than make up for the time it takes to visit your chiropractor.
9. Increased Earning Capacity. If you had more energy, clearer thinking, a better ability to handle adversity, more alertness, and were more efficient and physically, mentally and emotionally functioning at a higher level, you work more, work harder, get a better job or possibly a promotion, or even start a business of your own.
10. Improved Relationships. Why is it that some people seem to be able to get along with people that you cannot stand? Perhaps it is you. If you were functioning at a higher level, if your body chemistry was balance, perhaps you could handle them better and not be bothered by whatever it is about them that affects your relationship. Even better, get them to a chiropractor and you could, perhaps, become best of friends!
11. Improved Performance. With an improved nerve supply, all your performance levels will be elevated. Whether that improvement is enough to make a difference is an individual matter. As the advertisement says, “Results may vary.” However, getting adjusted and doing some other healthy things will have a cumulative effect and result in noticeable changes. It just makes sense to do everything possible to improve performance, including having a good nerve supply.
12. Better Digestion. There are prob- ably hundreds of reasons why certain foods affect certain people. Most times, the cause can be traced back to the inability of the body to handle that food. If it was the food, then it would negatively affect everyone. There are many reasons why your body, in general, and your nerve system, in particular, may not work properly. One of those reasons, interference in the nerve system due to vertebral subluxation, can be addressed by regular visits to the chiropractor.
13. Enjoy Life More. The bottom line is to have a happier and more fulfilled life. If you see improvement in the areas above, your life has to be more enjoyable. Even some of the things you do not enjoy now could become more pleasurable and rewarding. Visit your chiropractor this week!
14. Healthier, More Robust Immune System. Research has demonstrated that persons who have regular long term chiropractic care have immunity to cancer causing agents that is 200% greater than those individuals that have not had regular chiropractic care. In research with HIV positive patients, those patients who had regular chiropractic adjustments not only had an improvement in the number of white blood cells that attack the HIV virus, but it was the very cell that the HIV virus prefers to use as a host.
15. More Active, Vital Senior Years. A three-year study of senior citizens over 75 years of age revealed that seniors who receive chiropractic care spend fewer days in hospitals and nursing homes than elderly non-chiropractic patients. Senior citizens under chiropractic care report better overall health, have fewer chronic conditions, and are less likely to use prescription drugs than non-chiropractic patients. The senior chiropractic patients were more likely to exercise vigorously and more likely to be active in the community. Chiropractic patients spend 15% less time in nursing homes and 21% less time in hospitals than the non-chiropractic patients.
16. More Creativity. Creative thinking is one of the greatest human assets in that it initiates new thoughts and world changing ideas. Creativity is the ability to generate ideas of both novel and useful form to a particular social setting. Innovative thoughts inspire excitement and unlock the depths of human potential. Research shows that adults have higher levels of creativity for up to 8 days following a chiropractic adjustment.