On the other hand, if you don’t consciously work to create good days for yourself, there are lots of things you could do. Common approaches include exercise, prayer, reading and meditation. Another common approach is the use of affirmations and here are a few for you to consider:
- Be aware of your thoughts. You are more likely to create blessings in your life if you believe you are blessed.
- Radiate compassionate consideration for others. Try this extension of the Golden Rule: “Do unto others as you would have life itself do unto you.”
- What other people think about you is none of your business. Listen to your heart because it has never and will never steer you wrong.
- Stay mindful, stay present, stay centered. When you feel yourself drifting out of a state of inner peace, remind yourself that the only time is now.
- Take the time to celebrate your life. Every life has something worth celebrating…even if you have to look for the silver lining.
- Come up with something that works for you and use it every day!
There is one more step to this exercise and that is to create a habit or ritual around the thoughts and beliefs that support you and add to your life. Make a checklist out of the above suggestions or use your own and then check your checklist every single day…act on it and be conscious about how you are making a solid and positive contribution to the day you’re about to have. Share this with us so we can celebrate with you!
Think On This…
Most everyone would agree that they feel good after having a good day and, perhaps, not so good after having a “not so good” day.
What if the truth was that this was backwards meaning…
You went into the day feeling good, so you had a good day and when you go into a day with a dark cloud following you, the day doesn’t turn out so good!