Simply put, antioxidants protect our bodies from the damaging effects of free radicals. Free radicals are produced within the body in response to normal energy production and exposure to environmental pollutants and radiation. They are considered unstable molecules that can damage healthy cells and tissue.
There are 5 synergistic antioxidants that everyone should know about:
- CoEnzyme Q10 or CoQ10 contributes to heart health and also helps restore brain cells.
- Vitamin C protects your DNA and improves the functional capacity of your immune system.
- Vitamin E protects brain cells from aging and the skin from sun damage and is a significant anti-inflammatory. p
- Glutathione is protective of both the immune system and liver health. It aids in the body’s detoxification processes.
- Lipoic Acid is one of the most powerful of the antioxidants because it has the ability to protect against a wide variety of problems like stroke, heart disease, cataracts, liver problems and memory.
For the best results, eat the foods that contain these valuable nutrients and use only whole food vitamins.
The Bottom Line is……
Whole foods work as do supplements. To maximize your benefits, add more nuts, seeds, fresh fruits and vegetables to your diet. Since heat destroys the antioxidant and other nutritional benefits of these foods, eat them raw if you possibly can. Eating a varied and “less processed” diet increases your body’s ability to be as healthy and insures your immune system has what it needs to function properly. And, never forget the importance of a healthy nerve system!
Use Your Own Common Sense-Think First and Then…
And Get Good Rest!