Why have Lance Armstrong, Tiger Woods, Joe Montana, and Emmit Smith all turned to chiropractic care? Because it has been shown to increase athletic performance as much as 16.7%. Chiropractic has also been shown to reduce your chance for injury. Athletes today are in the most competitive environment we have ever seen. Even school age children are finding competitive sports to be taxing on their bodies like never before, with expanded practice and game schedules. Chiropractic care plays a vital role in musculoskeletal performance, prevention of injury, and recovery from injury. That’s why so many pro athletes are turning to chiropractic care.
- Seven time Tour De France winner Lance Armstrong has been a long time advocate of chiropractic care. He has brought his personal chiropractor to every single Tour De France. After one of his victories, he said he could not have won without his chiropractor.
- Four time Super Bowl champion and all time leading rusher, Emmit Smith, also attributes much of his success to chiropractic care. Being a running back during a 16 game season takes its wear and tear on the body. Emmit Smith attributes much of his long healthy career to chiropractic care.
- Over a decade ago Scottie Pippen was playing in the NBA finals with the Chicago Bulls. Since the Bulls did not have a chiropractor on staff, he paid for his own. Care was administered to him at least once during the actual finals game.
- Golfers and pro tennis athletes have long known the benefits of chiropractic. A recent study reported that up to 85 percent of injuries on the PGA Tour and Senior Tour relate to the spine. Between 70 to 75 percent of these golfers receive chiropractic care regularly.
- The figures are similar for football, baseball, and other sports. And growing! Athletes like Pippen are willing to pay for chiropractic care because they need to recover quickly from injuries and they believe chiropractic treatment has a good rate of success
There’s good reason these athletes are turning to chiropractic care. A study published in the journal of Chiropractic Research and Clinical Investigation, revealed that chiropractic care can increase athletic performance by as much as 16.7% over two weeks. Another study published in the Journal of Vertebral Subluxation Research in 1997 revealed that chiropractic care increases your capillary count, meaning increased blood flow. The benefits of increased blood flow are substantial for any athlete. What do they know that you don’t? Chiropractic care offers exciting opportunities to be a better athlete and enjoy the sport you love.
Interested in learning more about how chiropractic can help you or your child be a better athlete? Call (309) 692-6800 today. We’re here to help!